Re: [Fle3-users] disfunctional user profile

From: janne . pietarila
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] disfunctional user profile
Date: Mon Sep 30 06:19:46 2002

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 10:30:17AM +0300, address@hidden wrote:
> we have FLE3 1.2b installed on debian linux.

A good platform choise for running Fle3. But why are you still
running version 1.2b? Version 1.3 has more features and -- which
is more important -- less bugs.

> It's been working fine until recently when one of our users started
> getting this error message on login:
>
> "Virhe: Internal link error, object not found" (note: the first word
> is finnish and translates "Error")
>
> I've traced the problem to Webtop and my guess is that there's some
> information in this users profile that causes an error that can't be
> handled. I searched through source code, but found no answer to this.

Can you or other users access this user's webtop without problems?
If so, the reason is almost certainly the state_url, as explained in:

http://mail.freesoftware.fsf.org/pipermail/fle3-users/2002-September/000049.html

and can be fixed by user having problems by going to:

http://server/path/to/fle/fle_users/her_uname/?state_url=7,4wt_sortname

> Is there some way to gain access to user's profile directly? And
> advice on debugging fle3 would be appreciated too!

Traceback is usually enough to see where the problem is. Then you can
use access methods (get_*) in objects to check the values inside
objects. As all information is not available by existing access
methods you sometimes have to write some access methods for debugging
purposes...

Please let me know if the URL thing above fixes the problem or if not,
could I then have a traceback?

--
Janne Pietarila