[Fle3-users] changing knowledge types

From: Jukka K Purma
Subject: [Fle3-users] changing knowledge types
Date: Sun Oct 20 10:26:02 2002

hello,

Our teachers have a bad habit of choosing wrong knowledge types for their
course contexts and I'm wondering if there is any way to change them after
context has been created.

In zope, I have found context's knowledge type-folder, but I can't
copy-paste it, it says object doesn't support this property. Since there
seems to be some kind of invisible objects (for zope management screens)
in knowledge building trees, I suspect it tries to copy them, but fails.

I'm thinking about deleting current thinking types folder and calling the
python-function which is used when context was initially created. - or if
function does lots of other stuff too, copy part of that and create a new
function for me to call.

1. Should I do that?
2. Are there any dangerous side-effects I should be aware?
3. Is there any way to access those 'invisible' objects, actual notes and
other stuff that seems to be behind those numbered discussion trees?

optional 4. Any leaks what changes there will be in v. 1.4 ?

jukka