Re: [Fle3-users] Removing users from Fle

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Removing users from Fle
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:10:15 +0200

Hi,

Päivi Karppinen wrote:
Adding users to fle is very easy, but is there a way to delete/remove users
from the environment?

Even in my admin-profile, I can't find "Remove/delete users"-button
anywhere. There is only the "Freeze"-button available.

You are right. There is no delete/remove users functionality in Fle3. You can only "freeze" users. This is because user may have done something in Fle3 (wrote a note, add a file etc.) and we didn't come up to any suitable solution how should the system deal with the content of deleted / removed users.

So, you can only freeze users. Freezing means that he or she is no more able to log in to the system, but gets an announcement telling that he or she should contact the administrator.

From the user interface of the course management (add users to course) we could maybe remove the "frozen" users. Now it show them all the users in the system, put tells next to the frozen users that they are frozen.

- Teemu

Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/