Re: [Fle3-users] Setting up email using zope & security

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Setting up email using zope & security
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:32:52 +0200

Hi,

John Hotmail wrote:
1. Please tell me if there is an easy way of setting up your own email with
Zope so that we can email from FLE.

Could you clarify this? What do you mean with "setting up your own email with Zope" and "that we can email from FLE".

2.  Concerned about a security issue with FLE.  When I log out the history
still allows access to all the administration pages that were opened in the
previous session.  It leaves the system wide open!

What you describe is a problem of your browser. Unfortunately some browser software (e.g. MS IE) save the user names and passwords to some cache memory or equivalent.

To log out from your Fle3 with MS IE you must *quit* your browser software. Just closing the window is not enough! You can also "clear memory cache" from your browser preferences when finishing your Fle3 session.

In Fle3 we use the standard browser based authentication (basic HTTP authentication), no cookies etc. For this decision there is many usability and accessibility reasons. What comes to the browser software, we can only hope that browser developers would respect the same open standards, as well (actually many do!).

        - Teemu

Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/
Office: + 358 9 756 30 296