[Fle3-users] Re: Links

From: pashby
Subject: [Fle3-users] Re: Links
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:10:12 +0930

Hello again

Well I can repeat this on three different installs - server, laptop and PC

The version of Cruft.py is 1.35

I've upgraded on the PC to the latest WebtopLink.py but it makes no difference
as you said.

I have rights in all folders.

A test user has the same problem with its webtop.

Everything is there except the link.

I get no error messages.

The link is deactivated but it does not say that it is removed.

It is strange that it works on your install - I have the latest FLE and the two
updates.

What can I do to assist?

Peter

Tarmo Toikkanen <address@hidden> on Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:58:26 +0300 wrote:
> >What I can't do is click the link on my desktop and go to the artefact.
>
> So you're making a link to a Jamming artefact? I've tested linking
> with KB Notes, Jamming sessions and Jamming artefacts and they all
> seem to work for me.
>
> >There is no html link available although the text is there.
> >
> >Previously in the last version the link text was there but it was 'removed'.
> > This is fixed now but the link is not active.
>
> Hmm... Are you sure you got the latest version of Cruft.py? Open it in
> a text editor. The version should be 1.35. I made the first attempt at
> fixing the bug in version 1.34 and with it I got the same result that
> you're seeing. I fixed that in version 1.35.
>
> If the link target isn't found in the database, two things should
> happen:
>  a) the link is deactivated
>  b) there is a message after the link name saying that is has been removed
>
> Additionally you could update WebtopLink.py (from CVS), since I've
> added an exception handler there that will handle nonexistent targets
> more cleanly. But that shouldn't affect this issue here. In fact, if
> you have an internal link to an object that has been removed, you will
> get an error message until you update WebtopLink.py. After the update
> you will get the appropriate message.
>
> The only way you can get an inactive link without the message that is
> has been removed is if you don't have privileges to access that
> object. For example if you look at a user's webtop that has links to a
> course that you don't participate in, all links to that course will be
> disabled. When looking at your own webtop it shouldn't happen unless
> you have links to a course that you no longer are a participant of.

---
address@hidden
http://www.vhhs.sa.edu.au/