RE: [Fle3-users] Fle3 version 1.4.3 links on the desktop

From: Peter
Subject: RE: [Fle3-users] Fle3 version 1.4.3 links on the desktop
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:45:16 +0930

Hello again

As I mentioned before I run FLE inside a Plone site.  More than that I
use the Plone installer for windows.

I tried a vanilla install with the changes to cruft.py at the root of
the zope folder.
Imported the FLE data and logged in.

I had no problems creating links on desktops with this configuration.

The problem must occur when FLE is installed within Plone and possibly
only when using the installer.

Basically the two don't talk just for this function....

The rest seems to work well.

I would like to keep this arrangement because users already have a login
to Plone and in this setup they only need the single login as Plone does
the authentication.

????

Peter

>What I can't do is click the link on my desktop and go to the artefact.

So you're making a link to a Jamming artefact? I've tested linking
with KB Notes, Jamming sessions and Jamming artefacts and they all
seem to work for me.

>There is no html link available although the text is there.
>
>Previously in the last version the link text was there but it was
'removed'.  This is fixed now but the link is not active.

Hmm... Are you sure you got the latest version of Cruft.py? Open it in
a text editor. The version should be 1.35. I made the first attempt at
fixing the bug in version 1.34 and with it I got the same result that
you're seeing. I fixed that in version 1.35.