Re: [Fle3-users] Problem with access links in web tops

From: Tarmo Toikkanen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Problem with access links in web tops
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:55:32 +0300

I have a course set up and members subscribed to this.

If you would like to test the problem username is "test" and password is "enter".

You didn't provide a URL where your Fle3 environment is located.

On their webtop they can see a clickable link to enter the course heirachy, Ithink. It says coursename(shared) so I assume this is their entry to the course material.

That's a link to the shared course folder, not the course
itself. Access to the course is either from the "Knowledge building"
or "Jamming" tabs, or by clicking on the "notes"/"artifacts" links to
the right of the webtop, on each course's own info box.

This is obviously something to do with the permissions heirachy. I have tried setting different permissions but the administrative interface for Zope/FLE is not very easy to use so I have accomplished nothing.

Yes, there's something wrong with the permission setup, but it's
pretty difficult to see the problem based on your description.

Have you yourself added the content to the course folder? Are the
users participants in the course (check course information)? Can they
access the knowledge building of the course without problems?

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://www.iki.fi/tarmo/