Re: [Fle3-users] Import not working

From: Ilkka Kekkonen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Import not working
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:00:07 +0300

Teemu Leinonen wrote:

Hi,

address@hidden wrote:

I will verify it in the afternoon but I probably found a solution this morning. I was trying to perform the export from zope's root and this type of export doesn't work, and perhaps it's normal ??? But I discover that you cant also export FLE going to the URL http://myserver.domain.con/FLE_russia/fle_export and I was able to import the file created this way to another server.

Ok. Actually I thought that this could be the case.

You re right. There is a "FLE specific export" feature that you must use to export and import the FLE stuff. I think this is because in FLE there is its own user folder with some extra fields for user information that does not exist in the normal Zope users.

I am sorry that this is now just speculation, as I am not very familiar with the technical design of FLE.

Hello,

The user information is an independent object that connects to Zope user object. So we did not extend Zope user object.
Zope user object takes only care of user authentication.

The reason why Zope import/export don't work is still unknown. I think the reason might be in FLE's complicated object structure wich is network (Zope loves tree structures). We thought that it's easier to write our own import/export functionality than try to find out why Zope's import/export sucks with FLE.

Ilkka