[Fle3-users] Good News: - New relese later this Autumn

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: [Fle3-users] Good News: - New relese later this Autumn
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:17:43 +0300

Hi all,

Sorry for the cross posting to all Fle3 mailing lists, but I have some good news from the field of Fle3 development and wanted to reach you all.

Tarmo, one of the main developers of Fle3, will be again working with Fle3, starting next month. Also Janne, another great Fle3 developer, will help us with some new features in this autumn. I also hope that we will involve more external developers to the process. Please, let me know if you are interested in to work on some new features.

All this means that we will get out a new release of Fle3 some day later this autumn.

Let us know if you have feature requests.

The new features thought by me, are:

-------------------------------------
1. Teachers course announcement page

See the notes and discussion about the topic. This feature will be the "light" implementation of the "shared group calendar with announcements" -feature, described in a user story:

http://church.uiah.fi:8080/fle3docs/12v3_calendar.html.html

A later discussion of the light version - the teachers course announcement page - is also online. See the notes:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/fle3-dev/2004-06/msg00000.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/fle3-dev/2004-07/msg00000.html

-------------------------------------
2. Email announcement feature

Juan Ramón Moral Cárdena has developed an email announcement feature. The code is already committed to the patch manager. This feature could be still crystallized and then include to the new release.

-------------------------------------
3. Integration to Plone

I am not sure what this requires, but there is definitely a need to connect Fle3 with content management system. The most natural system for integration with Fle3 would be Plone (http://www.plone.org) - the widely used Zope content management product.

What is needed is a seamless movement of users and "data" between Fle3 and Plone. The most overlapping feature of Fle3 and Plone is the Fle3's WebTops and Plone's "home page" with the file management system.

Maybe the integrated system could work so that when you install Fle3 with Plone, Fle3 creates one extra folder to the WebTops that is the "Plone" -folder. All things done to here are then part of the site created with Plone.

What I am not sure is how the roles of Fle3 fits to the roles of Plone.

-------------------------------------
4. Something else?

Let us know if you have feature requests or ideas that we could work on.

Best regard,

        - Teemu

Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/