[Fle3-users] Testing the version 1.5. beta

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: [Fle3-users] Testing the version 1.5. beta
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:13:37 +0200

Hello all,

Now we are very close to release a new version of Fle3. We decided to jump straight to number 1.5 :-)

Actually, this makes sense as there is pedagogically really great new feature - the "teachers course blog". You can Read more about it below. If you want to test the new version, please check the Fle3 site's demo page for details:

http://fle3.uiah.fi/demo.html

Comments and discussion about the new version is welcome. We will release the new version in a week or two.

- Teemu

- - - - - clip - - - - -
About the teachers course announcement blog

The announcement page is a "teachers course blog" for announcing students about events, to-dos and other urgent things in the course. The page is available online without login to Fle3. This way it is a kind of "course front/home page" updated by the teachers. The idea is that by following this page students can keep on track what the teacher/tutor is expecting them to do next in the course.

The announcement page is using all the brilliant blog technology such as RSS syndication, trackbacks etc. Like blogs do, also the announcement page is automatically building up an archive of the entries made to the page.

Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/
Office: + 358 9 756 30 296
GSM: +358 50 351 6796