[Fle3-users] Toolbox project

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: [Fle3-users] Toolbox project
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:54:51 +0300

Dear all,

Sorry for the cross posting.

I am happy to announce our new large scale software development project. The working title of the Zope/Plone -based server software that works smoothly with Fle3 is "Toolbox".

The site of the project:

http://goedel.uiah.fi/projects/calibrate/

From the Fle3 perspective the idea is that Fle3 - or maybe the separate Knowledge Building and Jamming tools - will be part of the ToolBox. The other "tools" of the ToolBox , as we are currently talking about them, are (please, note that the metaphors are very preliminary):

(1) "Library" for structural learning materials. It includes:
    * Content items (article, image, audio, etc.);
    * Modules (learning objects);
    * Courses (more or less full course materials):
    * Student's "final works" (artifacts from Fle3 working)

(2) Content Authoring Room, that includes:
   * Tool for starting learning material production projects
   * Tools for collaborative production of learning materials

(3) Students Learning Environment, that includes:
   * Fle3 or modules of it

So, you are invited to join our project. Everything will be Free/ Libre Open Source. We are happy to include more people to the team, though it will mean that we will also give you some tasks. The team page:

http://goedel.uiah.fi/projects/calibrate/

I hope you will at least follow the progress and give us feedback.

Best regards,

    - Teemu

Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/