Re: [Fle3-users] Problem adding users to courses

From: Tarmo Toikkanen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Problem adding users to courses
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:43:12 +0200

On 20.03.2006, 17:08:33, Sophia Danesino wrote:
I'm working with Fle3 1.5.0 and I've added a large number of users.
Unfortunately when I list those users, Fle3 lists only users whose name
begins with the following letters: a-k  l-r.
As I can't reach the names starting with a s-z letter I can't add those
users to any course.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance
Sophia

Sophia,

Can you give us more information? If I understood you correctly, the
letter ranges shown are "a-k" and "l-r". And since there's around 20 users
visible per page, you probably have around 50-80 users in your
database. This should not be a problem, since Fle3 has been used with
thousands of user accounts.

My guess would be that on the third page there is possibly some name
with very strange characters that somehow messes the paging
algorithm. Or not... You should experiment and try to see what kind of
users will appear in the list and what will not. You could also play
with the parameters in the URL, where you can decide the start of user
listing, and you should be able to manually go to page 3, for
example. Will the third page display if you try this?

If you want me to take a look, send e-mail to me personally (not to
the list) and give me the address of your Fle3 instance and an account
that has Staff privileges, so I can try to figure out the problem
myself. I promise not to break anything. :)

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://tarmo.fi/