flower-general

[FLOWER-general] hobo prohibition

From: Faulkner Erasmus
Subject: [FLOWER-general] hobo prohibition
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 18:38:36 +0200

So really, there's no reason to get a Serial ATA drive for this
application. Thanks for a good article.
In other words, I've never seen one that can get power from a keyboard
port. I'm also trying to cheap it out. Thanks for any help regarding
this matter.

88

Trade Date : 11.12.06
Name : Amerossi International
T i c k e r  : AMSN
Opening Price : $0.0006
Expected Target : $0.006 - $0.008
Market Performance : 10(10)

88

I'd personally stick with one that uses a regular power adapter.
However I seem to be bogged down with the type of hard drive to purchase
which would inevitably dictate the type of enclosure to get as well.
Anyway, I still think the Venus case is the best overall case you can
get at any price.
Thoughts on what might be worth trying would be apreciated.
It has Windows XP installed on it as well as various other files. So in
anticipation of the questions stemming from this, here's the stuff I
bought for my enclosure, and why.
I can see the drive and have tried all kind things to get it to work
reliably.
Even if they do have a tiny, noisy, irritating fan to "cool" them.
The Venus enclosures require a parallel ATA drive, so that's what you
should get if you get a venus case.
or is it just not worth the decrease in performance? The internal
electronics are of high-quality too. And since we're inventing the
perfect enclosure, you also want one that has an AC power adapter that
doesn't block other jacks on your power strip, and yet plugs into the
drive any old which way. If so, can you point me to a resource for help?
Thanks for a good article.
Thanks for any help regarding this matter. Do you prefer one over the
other? The PC Mag articles uses an ADS enclosure as the example. Will
all of these be erased when I format the disk per the procedures
specified in the PC Magazine article? Do you prefer one over the other?
Though not as absolutely totally fast as some other manufacturers, they
are usually a little quieter and cooler.
However I seem to be bogged down with the type of hard drive to purchase
which would inevitably dictate the type of enclosure to get as well. I
though this would be the best of both worlds in terms of speed and
future usability if I decide to repurpose the drive. The PC Mag articles
uses an ADS enclosure as the example. I hope you find this helpful.
It has Windows XP installed on it as well as various other files.
With regards to buffer sizes and rpms: again the external-ness of the
drive will limit speed somewhat, but there is a law of diminishing
returns with drive cache.
The Venus enclosures require a parallel ATA drive, so that's what you
should get if you get a venus case.
I can see the drive and have tried all kind things to get it to work
reliably.
Can you imagine a workaround? or is it just not worth the decrease in
performance?
Though not as absolutely totally fast as some other manufacturers, they
are usually a little quieter and cooler. The Venus enclosures require a
parallel ATA drive, so that's what you should get if you get a venus
case.
Bare aluminium radiates heat from the drive into the open air, and a
large fan can spin quietly yet still move a nice quantity of air.
Do you prefer one over the other?
Though not as absolutely totally fast as some other manufacturers, they
are usually a little quieter and cooler.
I can see the drive and have tried all kind things to get it to work
reliably. In other words, I've never seen one that can get power from a
keyboard port.
That would be a sticking point. First, my goals for this drive.
THe software that came with the drive; Acronis, etc. It has Windows XP
installed on it as well as various other files.
So there you go; that's the drive I built for myself for this article.
If so, can you point me to a resource for help?
So really, there's no reason to get a Serial ATA drive for this
application. I think that a PC case PSU is wired to require a MoBo to
fire up.
THe software that came with the drive; Acronis, etc. I think that a PC