Re: [fluid-dev] Looping a MIDI file

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Looping a MIDI file
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 03:24:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

>I'm reading a MIDI file as a backing track so I'd like it to loop endlessly. Do you know how I can do that?

There is a simple way to do that:

1)On linux system, type this:

$ for ((;;)) do fluidsynth.exe soundbank.sf2 backingtrack.mid; done

2)But as it seems you are on a Windows system:

2.1) put following commands in a file (i.e backtrack.bat):

:loop
echo fluidsynth.exe soundbank.sf2 backingtrack.mid
goto loop

2.2) execute this command line: >backtrack.bat

3) If you want to listen the same MIDI file 3 times, type this:

> fluidsynth.exe soundbank.sf2 backingtrack.mid backingtrack.mid backingtrack.mid

4)To cancel playing of any boring backtrack, type: CTRL/C (i.e depress both key)

jjc.

> Message du 29/07/20 16:09
> De : "William Hiver" <william.hiver@free.fr>
> A : fluid-dev@nongnu.org
> Copie à :
> Objet : [fluid-dev] Looping a MIDI file

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to play a MIDI file in a loop from command line and I didn't find the information in the FluidSynth wiki.
I'm reading a MIDI file as a backing track so I'd like it to loop endlessly. Do you know how I can do that? For now I run fluidsynth with:
> fluidsynth.exe soundbank.sf2 backingtrack.mid

Thanks!

William