Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth error on MacOSX 11.2.1

From: Maker Shiva
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth error on MacOSX 11.2.1
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 09:13:22 -0500

Thanks @Tom. Unfortunately, this didn't work for me: -

~$ fluidsynth -i ./sounds/soundfonts/FluidR3_GM.sf2 -a portaudio Downloads/example.mid
FluidSynth runtime version 2.1.7
Copyright (C) 2000-2021 Peter Hanappe and others.
Distributed under the LGPL license.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

||PaMacCore (AUHAL)|| Error on line 1316: err='-66748', msg=Unknown Error
fluidsynth: error: Error opening PortAudio stream: Internal PortAudio error
Failed to create the audio driver

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 3:01 PM Tom M. <tom.mbrt@googlemail.com> wrote:
> fluidsynth: error: Error setting the audio callback. Status=-66748

This error is printed when the call to AudioUnitSetProperty failed. According to www.osstatus.com the returned error is kAudioComponentErr_NotPermitted. I neither know what this error means, nor how to fix it.

On the other hand, the CoreAudio driver hasn't received any real changes for over 10 years. So it may not work with MacOS 11 at all.

If you just want to get it work, you could simply specify to use portaudio or jack as audio driver.

Tom