forge-main

[Forge-main] Re: [freeroleplay] Re: FRINGE Meta-System (was New FRPGC Bl

From: Ricardo Gladwell
Subject: [Forge-main] Re: [freeroleplay] Re: FRINGE Meta-System (was New FRPGC Blog)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:51:54 +0000

Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
This leads me to consider splitting FRINGE into two systems: FRINGE would become the meta-system, whilst a new system, called CORE, would define a standardised sub-syste of FRINGE that can be used as a generic roleplaying system for commong types of games (i.e. d20-like fantasy, Storyteller-like modern horror, etc).

I'm in favour :). I have something with Pirates that could easily be adapted to a FUDGE-like system. Part of the inspiration for this was "Mutant Bikers of the Atomic Wasteland". If you haven't seen this, I really enjoyed a quick skim-over of it.
:)

My only concern is that the fundamental FRINGE task resolution mechanic needs work to bring it up to the FUDGE standard, i.e. compared to the simplicity of FUDGE dice, FRINGE is decidedly complicated. Or not? What do you guys think? How complicated and easy-to-use is the basic FRINGE mechanic?

Your pirates game seems pretty interesting. Care to let us know more? :)

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community