free-dev

[Free-dev] well-dressed accidentally

From: Joseph Moody
Subject: [Free-dev] well-dressed accidentally
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 00:23:51 -0700

You know when a poet praises a woman she isimmortal . At first Jane had believed with a touching faith in that epic ofMethuselah. They ate the ham and beets and then went out to the garden for thecurrants. Your father and I have always been great friends. But half-way along the field she suddenly stopped. Aw, we didnt mean to hurt your feelings . Jane did not understand all dad said but she put it all away in hermind to grow up to. Not only ofthe Bible but of all the poetry he read to her that summer. Had dadheld her hand a shade too long when he said good-bye? I knew it theminute I saw you walking up the lane. We went to live at the Harbour Head and we werehappy . Didnt I tell you the Bible was full of commonsense? She was glad ofan excuse to explore the side-road where Little Aunt Em lived. The weeds are growing overTroy but we remember Helen. The fields allabout were touched with her light. Do you think they quitedeserved such a humiliation? Anything lesslike St Barnabass could hardly be imagined but Jane liked it. He taught her to saw andhammer in nails and swim. Your pas folks werent any more infavour of the match than your mas. And she never throws spit balls though shethinks it was great fun. We are going to have chicken for dinner to-morrow. She had never thought that there was anything like that inthe Bible. But she kept writing to your ma and sending her presents andcoaxing her to go for visits. Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon and thou,moon, in the vale of Ajalon. Punch Jimmy John is teaching me how to run across a stubble-fieldon bare feet so it wont hurt. Can you guess who the darklady was, Jane? In a way Jane thought the sing-songs the bestpart of Sunday. But Jane was beginning to fence herselfagainst Aunt Irene by a sturdy little philosophy of her own. He and she laughed and chaffed a greatdeal. All talked about hundreds of years after they aredead because great poets loved them. Jane had neverfelt acquainted with the sky before. The Snowbeams were awful mad theymissed it. Of course, mother couldnt stand up to Aunt Irene . Id have senther off with a flea in her ear . Its such funlooking at things through the wrong end. Jane waited for something more but it did not come.