free-dev

[Free-dev] prickle

From: Millie Mendoza
Subject: [Free-dev] prickle
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:46:15 +0300

I never found out who the censor was, or who wrote openedby military censor.
We had tolook very spick and span, and we did.
I watched from the window how all the petitioners were lined up,standing at attention.
The torture that a manof that stamp can invent is incredible in its baseness and fiendishcruelty.
When my turn came theColonel screeched in his falsetto voice: And so you are ajournalist? The Arab had been standing next to me but one. The torture that a manof that stamp can invent is incredible in its baseness and fiendishcruelty.
Finally he fell ill andwas sent to Bel-Abbès. Helooked good natured, but later I found out that he was very vicious.
Some suffered more than others, but thesymptoms were always the same.
He was clever and had a great deal of charm,although he was without much moral courage.
Why have youwaited all this time to come to me? We had tolook very spick and span, and we did. There were those who wished to berepatriated and those who had private grievances.
He called it piffle and stupid sentimentality to fight shy ofanything.
There were about thirty or forty of them. We had to strip, then the Doctor examined heart, lungs, testedbreathing, etc. He did not see the wrongside of what the Germans had been doing up to that time.
Many turned their back to it and scowled. Why have you not made yourpetitions in the proper places with your own immediate superiors? Inwardly I wept when I had been tried with onemovement so long that I could not do it any more.
Inwardly I wept when I had been tried with onemovement so long that I could not do it any more. Each one of our injections wasregistered in our military books.
Each one of our injections wasregistered in our military books.
The French-speaking negro was anenormously tall fellow, whom the sergeant called the cigone. Some hadmade an appeal to be transferred to regiments in France, and no answerhad come to that.
This was their opportunity; they would speak.
The band played a funeralmarch and we proceeded down the main street to the church.
He was right, but he did not knowthe Legion.
They were administered to us at intervals of about aweek or ten days. The sums paidwere called out loud enough to be heard at the other end of thebarracks.
I never found out who the censor was, or who wrote openedby military censor.
Some hadmade an appeal to be transferred to regiments in France, and no answerhad come to that. How thiswould have worked with a loaded gun, and when the time for shootingcame, is another matter. He could not speak French clearly and was furious if asoldier did not understand him.
Every one meetingthem in the street knew by the H. All letters received and posted were subject to the censor of theRegiment.
AfterI had been in the Legion a couple of weeks he deigned to come up andspeak to me.