free-dev

[Free-dev] ill

From: Laura Justice
Subject: [Free-dev] ill
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:48:19 +0200

She was offering thanks to theGod who had thus directly answered her plea. My son himself has told me in his lettersthat he is not guilty. Praised be the name of the Lord in the highest. Not that I want to shieldhim, she repeated.
But his mistaken notion that hisyoungest brother had been unfairly dealt with by their father! And Clyde, amazed and dumb and pondering.
Sounds that reminded him more of hungry animals being fedthan men. Though they be red like crimson, make them as wool. She had not been swayedby all the evidence against him. But I am his mother and I am not convinced of his guilt byany means! His nerves were as taut ascords about to snap. And Clyde because of her smile saying tohimself, his mother believed in him now.
And Clyde, amazed and dumb and pondering. Come, come, the public should know how she felt.
Orville Mason, you deserve the thanks of this county! Books,newspapers, to be sure, for all who could read or enjoy them underthe circumstances.
AndBelknap and Jephson then sitting down together to consider. And here her lips compressed in a sad and somewhatcritical misery.
For had she notreturned to the jail the previous afternoon with her plan?
But there is He who sees all things and who knows. Her expenses to and fro would be covered.
He has written me that he is not guilty and I believehim. Shewould go to bed and rise early in the morning.
Had not a long,practical struggle with life taught him that sentiment in businesswas folly? He did wrong, but she did wrongtoo in not resisting him.
He would also provideher with some ready cash. No, replied Clyde, after a moments hesitation. Then from still another hoarse voice: Oh, you with your sickimagination. The Lord wouldprovide the means for the salvation of her son, of whose innocenceshe was convinced. What he had just said was trueas he now saw it.
And now that I amhere, I will trust Him and He will guide me.
And that sallow,rickety Chinaman over the way taking his. He was notsupposed to be seen by his associates. Come, come, we willnot entertain such a thought. Would one of you send a telegram for me if I give youthe money?
And then the savage scraping of iron trays in the variouscells!