freebilling-discuss

[Freebilling-discuss] demo Persistence classes updated

From: Dmitry
Subject: [Freebilling-discuss] demo Persistence classes updated
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:48:19 +0300 (MSK)

Good morning, Kosta!

I have some questions.

1. Let's think a bit how to alter the jdbc driver and
url in your implementation without rewriting the code.
What I mean is: I don't have informix here, I have
MySQL, and even if I would have Informix, the URL will
be different. I don't want to rewrite your code  every
time I checkout the project, so I beleave that
parameters must be stored in some configuration file
from the very begining.

2. Stathis told me, that you implemented some code
generator for data abstraction layer (shell we call it
DAL for short?) and ask to test it. Is it on CVS?

3. Finally, let's deside the implementation model. As I
see, your current implementation is plain java. Is it
final decision, or just a test case? My concern is: it
is easy to convert class to EJB, but it is getting not
so easy, when you have a lot of classes. I beleave that
decision must be done now, before the stage, when we
will have to say: sorry, it is too much code to
convert, so forget about EJB. Or it is already the
case? :^) BTW, did you make any checks about local
interface calls?

Let's be in touch, Dima.