freecycle-users

[Freecycle-users] ALSA support

From: Predrag Viceic
Subject: [Freecycle-users] ALSA support
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:57:11 +0200

Hi,

I have updated the cvs with the new code (hanging on my disk for a while..)
providing the ALSA support which is choosen on runtime if Jack server isn't
running. This solves some stability/responsiveness problems with
Freecycle-PortAudio.

This update gives total control over variables such as period size, frames,
audio interfaces etc..

Another new addition is the bark scale (based on psycho-acoustic perception),
which makes spectrograms and frequency based beatmatching somewhat clearer..

You are welcome to test before I release (probably as Freecycle 0.6 beta,
after I have replaced PortMidi with alsaseq...)

Enjoy,
predrag

PS: Save button in the "Configure ALSA" dialog has no effect yet. The Defaults
are set to match my system, in future this button will restore the saved
parameters.