freecycle-users

[Freecycle-users] Freecycle goes Qt4

From: Predrag Viceic
Subject: [Freecycle-users] Freecycle goes Qt4
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:04:35 +0100

Hi all,

Quick note to say that the project Freecycle is not dead. After 15 months of
inactivity, it's time to update some components as even I cannot compile
Freecycle anymore (oc2pus is apparently the only person who can still build
it, I'm using his builds)

Lot of things have changed on the LADSPA front (introduction of LV2), DSSI has
matured, libinstpatch was updated many times and QT has jumped from v3 to v4.

As for now, it seems that porting to Qt4 is the most urgent issue to solve. It
will be a big work as Freecycle heavily depends on QCanvas, the part of Qt
that has changed a lot. I'm quite excited about the new Qt as it offers many
new features (antialiasing, to name only one..) and had a huge performance
boost, which will allow to rehaul the Freecycle GUI and take it to the next
level !!

I have uploaded in the cvs the new version of Freecycle which compiles (and
executes) with Qt4. Lot of work is still to be done so don't hold your
breath. This is not a production release! It doesn't event display the sound
wave. I'll try to keep the cvs in a "compilable" state so you'are welcome to
look at it and give your comments on the future developments.

Cheers,

Predrag