freecycle-users

[Freecycle-users] loading mono files

From: Maitland Vaughan-Turner
Subject: [Freecycle-users] loading mono files
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:47:15 -0800

hi, I'm attempting to use freecycle to auto-slice audio files that contain a number of samples.  I want to automate the process of turning a sampling session into sample files.

It is working pretty well to chop the files with freecycle and then process further with Ecasound..  However I have a little problem which is that Freecycle doesn't seem to be aware of Mono files.  I'm usually working with Mono recordings in this context, but when I load them into freecycle, it automatically converts them to stereo.  Is there a way around this?  It seems kind of lousy to have to waste double the space (even with hard drives being so cheap these days ;).

thanks for help

~Maitland