freeform-dev

[Freeform-dev] trailblazer intrinsic

From: Eugene Gonzalez
Subject: [Freeform-dev] trailblazer intrinsic
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:32:00 +0200

His great grandfather hadfought at Waterloo under Napoleon I. I decided to receive my money at the post office without the sergeant. Four men and asergeant were chosen every day to do picket duty. All these questions had been asked behind my back, sometimeswithin hearing distance. They resented being called down and insulted by petty Germanofficers. What is the life of a poor Arab in the Legion? When my turn came theColonel screeched in his falsetto voice: And so you are ajournalist? I bet the Colonel knows what he is here for. Why didnt you go to the exercises to-day? The targets were at the further end of the field. The French-speaking negro was anenormously tall fellow, whom the sergeant called the cigone. He could not speak French clearly and was furious if asoldier did not understand him. Even that was difficult forthe slouchy devil-may-care boys and men. The Corsican corporal spoke of him quite openly as thatassassin. These men, who detested the French and all that was French, seemed tobe standing in mock-salute. Everything in the Legion was based upon German discipline and Germanmilitaristic ideas. He had very little to say toany one, was civil enough and did his work well. They resented being called down and insulted by petty Germanofficers. The keeping in step was kept up while marchingthrough the streets of Bel-Abbès. He told me he had applied to be returned to England but hadnot succeeded. How thiswould have worked with a loaded gun, and when the time for shootingcame, is another matter. The keeping in step was kept up while marchingthrough the streets of Bel-Abbès. Even that was difficult forthe slouchy devil-may-care boys and men. The roads were muddy,the thick red clay sticking to the boots most persistently. And woe to the man who did not lend to the sergeant when thatindividual needed it. I decided to receive my money at the post office without the sergeant. When my turn came theColonel screeched in his falsetto voice: And so you are ajournalist? They drew their revolvers, and at pistols endsaw him back to barracks and into prison. How thiswould have worked with a loaded gun, and when the time for shootingcame, is another matter. The day for the official presentation to the Colonel arrived. Next morning we marched out to the field and the General camegalloping up an hour late. When my turn came theColonel screeched in his falsetto voice: And so you are ajournalist? What is the life of a poor Arab in the Legion? It is like nursing a viper at ones breast. The Captain jumped up, told him to shut up, to leave the room, butFenet wasnt leaving it. The keeping in step was kept up while marchingthrough the streets of Bel-Abbès.