freeform-dev

[Freeform-dev] emphasize tenacious

From: Bess Reed
Subject: [Freeform-dev] emphasize tenacious
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 09:58:36 +0300

Scarlettwished she had not confided in her. Do you think Id let them get Ashleys baby? It put her on the same level with the snarly haired Mrs. Scarlettwished she had not confided in her. She said Cade would bust when he came home and heard aboutit. Scarlett saw it was Ellens gold thimble that he held. There was nothing she could do about it either,except watch. And whether the Confederacy won or lost,times would be better. Dont you want to go back in thehouse and sit down? Well leave her thet to remember us by, grinned the sergeant. Hand um to me, said the sergeant, putting outhis hands. It was a relief to hear the truth put so baldly. I nearly died, thinking about you and the baby alone. And, as the child only gripped her skirt the tighter, she saidclearly: Be a little man, Wade. For a moment Scarlett paused before answering. Theyd take everything and leave them to starve. Well leave her thet to remember us by, grinned the sergeant. Ho, lady, he said, I was at Buena Vista myself. And they saidthe Yankees were camped all over Tara and your folks were fixing togo to Macon. Wade was ather heels, sobbing, trying to catch her flying skirts. Though Melanies lap was soft, the porch on whichshe was lying was far from comfortable. Allour field hands are gone and theres nobody to pick it. I is part Indian and Indians doanforgit them as is good to them. Scarlett said gratefully: Thank you, Sugarbaby, but lookedworriedly at her younger sister. Perhaps by next spring the war would be over and goodtimes would be back. She said Cade would bust when he came home and heard aboutit. Your mother is dead, and its just like I was hearing it again forthe first time. And, as the child only gripped her skirt the tighter, she saidclearly: Be a little man, Wade. I came back as soon as I got the stock safe in thewoods. Scarlett refused to listen to the protests and drove them all intothe cotton rows. I never thought you liked her any too well,Miss, for all she was Charles sister. Of course, this little cotton she had gathered was not much but itwas something. She knew she could not tell them Ellen wasdead. You git unner dat house an han me dem shoats! We dont know athing except that Sherman finally got the town. Dilcey alone said nothing and she fixed herPrissy with an unwinking eye that made her squirm.