freeform-dev

[Freeform-dev] membrane weightlifter

From: Eddie Delgado
Subject: [Freeform-dev] membrane weightlifter
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 23:54:35 -0700

After starting, we cantered for three unbroken hours. After a short fight,Feisal had broken off, yielded his ground, and was retreating here. So in a little while wewere populous, if hardly imposing in detail. After him streamed the Ageyl and theAtban, the men of Ibn Shefia, the Harb and Biasha. We were effectually roused, whether we prayed or cursed. The patrols were in touch; and an assault wasdaily expected, but as regularly delayed. This readiness was an opportuneconsolation: worse news came along next day. Garlandsarchitectural efforts about the town became impressive. We were effectually roused, whether we prayed or cursed. The mountaineers, half-nakedfootmen, had grown few. Feisal and I lay back and laughed: then we went tosee what could be done to save the town. The routine of our life in camp was simple. The sunset prayer wasat times public, though Feisal was not outwardly very pious. The others had fallen back up WadiYenbo for water. Feisal, quiet as ever, welcomed me with a smile until he could finishhis dictation. It seemed ashame to leave him wasting in the middle of the wilderness. Very rarely he would play chess, with theunthinking directness of a fencer, and brilliantly. So they turned back: and that night, I believe, the Turkslost their war. And why did you retire to the camp-ground behind us during thebattle? Garland was engineer-in-chief andchief adviser. By God, said one, those are the realguns: the Importance of their noise! TheJuheina were active in their flank position from Wadi Yenbo. Feisal therefore rushed Zeid outto Masahali in Wadi Yenbo to make preparations. Most of the six thousand present were mountedmen of substance. It seemed ashame to leave him wasting in the middle of the wilderness. Villageshigher up Wadi Yenbo were cool enough to grow grapes. I learned much ofthe men and parties in the Hejaz from his lips. After sun-down the town quivered with suppressed excitement. The Harbof the north were suppliant to them for preservation of their palm-groves. When his drums began to beat, the camels were loaded hurriedly. His brother, with half the manhood of thetribe, was just entering the gate. We ate half-a-dozen dates, afrigid comfort, and curled up on the wet carpet. Before Wilson arrived the centre of Turkish gravity changed abruptly. Also it was near Yenbo, whichcould easily feed him there with munitions and supplies. Feisal with a gaspingstare at him said, How? Besides, the tribesmen would then understand how to take me. Crocker, her captain, was very anxious to let offthose itching guns. Everything was very free, verygood-tempered, and not at all dignified.