Re: [Freeipmi-devel] compile flags

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] compile flags
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:48:25 -0800

> For applications like fish or ipmipower, it will be nice to dump every
> request and response to a file when debug is on. Then user can post it
> to the mailing list for us to debug. You already wrote the dump
> calls, its just a matter of adding a flag (run time flag is better)
> and dumping to file.

Hmmm, I currently have ipmipower dumping to stderr, but you bring up a
good point.  It may be better to dump to a file.  Because if a user uses
ipmipower over 20 nodes, the dump output is going to get massive.

Hmmm, perhaps there should be two dump options, similar to what you had
earlier with your rmcp_asf_display function.  A verbose option and a
non-verbose option.  Because we may want to have users dump the actual
hex to a file.  We may find hidden endian problems that way.

I'll think about it

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories