[Freeipmi-devel] Re: dump to file

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: dump to file
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:36:53 -0800

> 1) Why not let those functions dump to file. We can also pass "stderr"
>   or "stdout" if we want it on console.

Yeah, I'm thinking you're right on this.  We should pass a "stream"
parameter, and the stream parameter can be to a stream to anything ...

> 2) Do we need prefix every line with redundant "prefix err" ?

In ipmipower, someone can do

./ipmipower -h nodes[0-5] --on

And packets are sent out and received in parallel.  In ipmipower, I
originally wrote the _dump functions with "Hostname = foobarnode" at the
begining of each packet dump, to differentiate which packets were
sent/recved from which hosts.  But I felt that this is difficult to look
at.  I think the prefix will make it easier to look at.  What do ya think??

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories