[Freeipmi-devel] Re: printcap

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: printcap
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 02:46:44 -0800

,----[ Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> ]
| Anyway, it turns out I didn't want to print the ACPI spec in any case,
| as it has 500+ pages.  Also, I don't see any specific binding for IPMI
| in the Contents; I wonder if it exists?  There's nothing relevant in
| the PCI device listing either.
`----
ACPI Firmware Table
Signature: SPMI
Desc: Server Platform Management Interface Table
Reference: ftp://ftp.cdclinux.com:/pub/ipmi/spmi.pdf

I know how to implement this. I will take care.

,----[ Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> ]
| So, I'll start with the native SMBIOS method, which involves looking
| for a signature in the space just below 1MB physical.
`----
You go ahead and write the SMBIOS probe routine.

--
Anand Babu
CaliforniaDigital.com

Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>