[Freeipmi-devel] Re: SMBIOS Entry Record, and SMBIOS BMC information on

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: SMBIOS Entry Record, and SMBIOS BMC information on Tiger4
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:48:25 -0800

,----[ Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> ]
| 1/ The checksums (both the initial checksum for the whole record, and
| the intermediate checksum for the last part of the record) in the
| SMBIOS Entry Record seem to be wrong.  Are they actually supposed to
| match?  What should the value be?
`----
I just saw the specs. I could not find anything related to chksum
fields. Because it is memory mapped data, I don't see a reason for
calculating chksum.

,----[ Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> ]
| 2/ I can only get a Device Info Record for the KCS interface to BMC.
| There seem to be no Records for the SMIC or BT interfaces.
`----
AFIAK, there are no SMIC and BT interfaces in Tiger4.

,----[ Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> ]
| The information for the KCS I get seems to be right, so I am fairly
| confident my code for locating the Device Info is correct.
`----
Output seems to be correct.

=>   interface type = 1
=>   version = 1.5
=>   i2c slave address = 0
=>   nvstor address = ff
=>   BMC io memory mapped = false
=>   BMC IO registers start = 8a2
=>   BMC register address spacing = 1
=>   BMC interrupt number = 0

I want to test this code on SE7501WV2 based Xeon boards as well. I can
take care of this.

I will go ahead and integrate this code into libfreeipmi framework.

Your next task is bios-config. I will explain in a separate email.

I will make a preview release of libfreeipmi tomorrow morning. New
interface is based on freeipmi interface definition model with lots of
new features and enhancements.

--
Anand Babu
CaliforniaDigital.com