Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmipower status

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmipower status
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:53:49 -0800

> ,----[ Albert Chu <address@hidden> ]
> | I forgot to mention earlier.  Just so you know, I submitted
> ipmipower| paperwork to the higher-ups so I can open source/GPL it.
> Hopefully
> | they'll give me approval soon ...  it may still be awhile though.
> `----
> There are lot of fans for ipmipower already waiting for your release.

Just to let you know, my plan is:

1) wait for savannah to go back up.
2) fix freeipmi lan stuff
3) upgrade ipmipower to new freeipmi
4) then release

Also, as a side note, I also have two new sub-projects.  "rmcpping" and
"ipmiping".  For the most part, they are the ping(1) program, but using
rmcp pings or ipmi get authentication capabilities requests instead of
icmp pings.  These have been very useful for me in setting up/fixing
ipmi setup problems.  (Note to LLNL folks, I hope to put this code on
CVS within the day, they are on my laptop right now.)  I need to go
through the open-source paperwork again for these ...