Re: [Freeipmi-devel] xmalloc

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] xmalloc
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:27:29 -0800

Purpose of xmalloc is to check the return value of malloc. C does not
have any exception handling facility. Code for error handling can grow
more than the actual code if all return values are checked.

When the library does not have enough memory to complete the operation
successfully, what should it do.

We can write a local XMALLOC which sets ENOMEM and calls return  or
exit with failure.

I will make the release of lan-fiid today.

-ab

,----[ Albert Chu <address@hidden> ]

`----

--