Re: [Freeipmi-devel] LAN FID ..

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] LAN FID ..
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:22:51 -0800

I don't see any more interface changes happening. Framework seems to
have really frozen and has totally changed.

FIID revamped.
Both LAN and KCS uses new FIID interface.
Entire SDR and Sensors sub-systems completed.
User level APIs have been simplified greatly. (no need of libfish)

ETA: Today. Worst case Tomorrow.

After We get "fish" ready,
We will make 3 (pre[0-2])releases before final release.
Mean time we will finish freeipmi-hackers guide.

At some point we should re-evaluate Bala's and Ian's contribution, to
invite them to core team. (Only after their code gets into CVS + documentation)
Bala: fiid co-authored, SDR subsystem, Sensors subsystem
Ian: smbios probe, significant additions to BMC configuration utility.

-ab

,----[ Albert Chu <address@hidden> ]

`----