[Freeipmi-devel] Re: Software Deliverables

From: Robin Goldstone
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Software Deliverables
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:26:59 -0800

AB,

Please confirm that I should only need to initialize the SDR cache one time
when the node is first installed.  I was planning to re-initialize the cache
every time the node boots e.g. in rc.local.  I was under the impression that
if new hardware was installed, or even replacement of an existing piece of
hardware like a fan or power supply, that the SDR data might change and thus
the cache would be invalidated.  Is that not a possibility I need to be
concerned with?

-Robin