[Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI on AMD64

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI on AMD64
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:45:47 -0800

I am now working with Tyan to enable FreeIPMI for AMD64 (Opteron)
platform. They use Qlogic BMC SMDC card. It supports KCS, LAN, Serial
and BT interfaces. But no where closer to IPMI-1.5 spec. Tyan
Engineers agreed to support FreeIPMI.

First utility I want them to enable support for is "ipmipower".
Then, bmc-config, sensors ...

Sensors utility is already working. But just the SDR records
containing max/nom/min threshold values are empty.

For AMD64 platform, when compared to other vendors, Tyan seems to have
got the required hardware and chipset at least in place for IPMI. It
is just a matter of few more firmware upgrades to get most of IPMI-1.5
functionalities.

Happy Hacking,
-ab

--