[Freeipmi-devel] Couple of major changes ...

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Couple of major changes ...
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:53:33 -0800

Made a few changes that are pretty significant that I thought I should
mention.

unassemble_ipmi_kcs_pkt:  similar to ipmi_lan_pkt, there is no guarantee
that the packet returned from ipmi_kcs_read will be atleast the size
of tmpl_hdr_kcs + tmpl_cmd.  In particular, if comp_code != success, the
package may be much smaller.  So we cannot just error out if the packet
is smaller than we expect.

tmpl_get_sensor_threshold_reading_rs: Removed the "reserved3" field.
This field is optionally returned from the BMC.  On tiger4, it is not
returned at all.  On those machines that it is returned,
unassemble_ipmi_kcs_pkt will ensure it isn't copied at all to the
obj_cmd buffer.

ipmi_sensor_classify: This function returned incorrect classes on some
event type codes, leading to some incorrect output in sensors.  As far
as I can tell, this did not break anything, although there was a chance
it could have.