[Freeipmi-devel] one major bug, several minor issues

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] one major bug, several minor issues
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:36:09 -0800

Hey everyone,

1) One major bug.  Files in:

/var/lock/*

are commonly removed on boot.  So /var/lock/libfreeipmi/ipckey is
commonly removed by many bootup scripts, including the default redhat
one.  I am going to change to /var/lib/libfreeipmi/ipckey.  I think this
makes far more sense.

2) When I created the

IPMI_DEFAULT_SDR_REPO_CACHE_FILENAME

macro.  I stupidly set the default path to
"/var/lib/fish/sdr-repo-cache".  It should instead by
/var/lib/libfreeipmi/sdr-repo-cache" ...

3) make install of /var/lock/libfreeipmi/ipckey (to be renamed soon),
doesn't install correctly when bulding RPMs.  I think we need to put
some prefix on the line:

Ipckeydir     = /var/lock/$(PACKAGE)

like

Ipckeydir     = ($FOO)/var/lock/$(PACKAGE)

I remember hitting this issue before, but I can't remember what the
variable prefix name is.  I'll figure it out.

After these changes, I'm going to tag as Alpha5-Qa1A.