Re: [Freeipmi-devel] IPMI_TRACE

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] IPMI_TRACE
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:20:02 -0700

Yes save_errno is required.

Purpose of IPMI_TRACE is to enable fprintf display while
debugging. (only for developers)

In fact I'm planning to enable even "ERR macro syslog" only in
IPMI_TRACE. ERR macro is supposed to just return the error safely to
the parent call. Top most call should gracefully handle the it.

For example, failed sensors, non-root execution ... they all are
handled properly at higher level. But in IPMI_TRACE mode, you will
notice a trace of all the lower level calls that has failed, spitting
error messages to the console.

,----
`----

--