Re: [Freeipmi-devel] freeipmi config file??

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] freeipmi config file??
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:42:48 -0700

,----[ Albert Chu <address@hidden> ]
| I was trying to add some autoconf ability to bmc-watchdog for the
| default kcs io port.  After some thinking, I'm wondering if it might
| be better to add some type of config file capability to freeipmi, so
| that we can code (very crudely, but you should get the idea):
`----

Ian has already implemented APIs to extract IPMI configuration data from
the hardware. ipmi-probe.c abstracts PCI (pcilocate.c and SMBIOS (smbios.c)
drivers.

ipmi_probe_info_t*
 ipmi_probe (ipmi_interface_t type, ipmi_probe_info_t* pinfo, int* statusp);

Fish compile-time settings can be overridden through configuration file.

Current code in fish to determine ip-ports will also be re-written to
use ipmi_probe.

--
 _.|_
(_||_)