[Freeipmi-devel] future one source tree package naming

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] future one source tree package naming
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:05:25 -0700

Hey everyone,

Jim and I have decided to temporarily fork off a local tree of
libfreeipmi + all tools so we can build just 1 rpm for the admins.

I was hoping we could settle on a naming scheme for the future "one
source tree" so I don't have to ask the admins to remove some rpms than
re-install others.  I was thinking about the following.  Just let me
know if you agree/disagree with the following:

freeipmi - contains shared library libfreeipmi
freeipmi-fish - contains fish, dependent on guile/guile-devel
freeipmi-ipmipower - contains ipmipower
freeipmi-bmc-watchdog - contains bmc-watchdog
freeipmi-utils - currently will contain ipmiping and rmcpping, in the
                 future maybe other stuff
freeipmi-all - all of the above

I can see ipmipower in freeipmi-utils instead.  bmc-watchdog must be
separate, b/c it installs a daemon.