Re: [Freeipmi-devel] more NULLP errors

From: Robin Goldstone
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] more NULLP errors
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:29:51 -0700

On Thursday 15 April 2004 01:24 pm, Albert Chu wrote:
> As I was finding these, it did come to mind, why are we doing "aliasing"
> for sensor group names.  I originally suggested we just do strcasecmp()
> instead of strcmp() for sensor names.  Would this take care of the NULLP
> errors?

I am also curious about the aliasing scheme that AB (or someone?) came up
with.  My original goal with aliases was to be able to use single-word
aliases for sensor groups so I didn't have to enclose the group names in
quotes.  However, it seems that the current aliasing scheme simply translates
the group names to lower case e.g.
event logging disabled = [Event Logging Disabled]

which really doesn't help much IMO.

-Robin