Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [bugs #8659] NULLP errors in Alpha5.qa3

From: Joseph Ruscio
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [bugs #8659] NULLP errors in Alpha5.qa3
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:30:46 +0000

Al,

I have attached a copy of the sensors QA script. The only test case it
performs right now when you run it is the group test. It parses the output of
the "sensors -l" command to get the list of all group names and aliases so it
tests the aliases too.

The script is pretty badly hacked as I've been under the gun to keep up with
interface changes. I plan on refactoring all the test cases to run as nicely
as the group test (just finished refactoring it) runs right now and then
commit the script to cvs. For your own sanity, don't uncomment any of the
other test cases yet ;-)

The script uses sudo to run sensors installed in /usr/sbin, so make sure the
user you run it as has sudo access.

There are two modes of operation interactive and non-interactive. At the
beginning of running it, you will be prompted for your choice. Interactive
pauses in between each time sensors -g is run and asks for your approval.
Non-interactive blasts through every single group command possible and dumps
it to stdout. This would probably suit the NULLP search the best.

Let me know if you have any problems.

thanks,
Joe