Re: [Freeipmi-devel] package naming

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] package naming
Date: 24 May 2004 13:03:45 -0700

Al> I am going to release a freeipmi package internally at LLNL soon.
Al> Before doing so, I'd like to confirm if the following is what we'd
Al> like to go with.  The package names we select aren't written in
Al> stone, but if I can avoid re-naming them later, it would make things
Al> easier.

The names are OK with me.

Al> freeipmi       - .so, /var/lib/freeipmi/ipckey, info docs

I don't like putting the ipckey in the package.  It ought to be created
by a postinst script, I think.

On a second thought, does it ever change?  IIRC it's just an empty file?
Why not put it under /usr/share, then?

Also, the hacker's guide in Info format should be in -devel, but that's
probably what you've meant.

Ian