Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sensors ok vs. alert

From: robing
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sensors ok vs. alert
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:33:21 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with AB that if these sensor values are actually "ok" then
Intel ought to change the nominal min/max values to reflect this.
When we first set up our host monitoring software on thunder, I
noticed a large number of sensor values out of range and tried to
get Bryan Rice from Intel to investigate but I never succeed in
getting him onto our system.

AB, would you please go through CDC's channels with Intel to
open a problem report on this and get a determination from Intel
as to whether these sensor readings are really ok or if they
indicate a real hardware problem?  If the former, then I wold like them
to change their nominal limits.  If the latter, then we will
want CDC or Intel to assist us with identifying and replacing the
affected hardware components, since this affects nearly half of
thunder.

Regards,
Robin G.