Re: [Freeipmi-devel] About KCS driver

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] About KCS driver
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:42:39 -0700

,----[ kanji raman <address@hidden> ]
| Hi
|
| I just installed libfreeipmi. But i could find any text on how to
| compile and load the kcs drriver ?
|
| Given an IPMI compliant motherboard, how can we know which system
| interface is supported by the BMC ?
|

| Thanks biju
`----

ftp://ftp.californiadigital.com/pub/freeipmi/freeipmi-0.1.0-alpha6-cvs0.tar.gz

Please try CVS snapshot of Alpha6 version. You have all packages under
single tree.

Device drivers are implemented in user-space and bundled along with
libfreeipmi. For KCS driver, the linked application is required to
initialize the driver through
int ipmi_kcs_io_init (u_int16_t sms_io_base, unsigned long sleep_usecs)
call.

To test if your IPMI system works try 'bmc-info' command.
Refer freeipmi/fish/src/fish.c for ipmi_kcs_io_init example.

Hope this helps.
--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>