Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: ipmi sensor thresholds

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: ipmi sensor thresholds
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:22:54 -0700

> I am still a bit confused since in my mind an "undefined" threshold
> is not the same as one with value of 0.00.  Is the SDR value truly
> 0.00 or is it undefined and the sensor utility just reports 0.00 in
> that case?

I mentioned a bit of this in my "Not outputting undefined sensors
thresholds" e-mail, but just to clear things up, there is a "readable
threshold mask" that is can be used to determine if a threshold is
undefined or 0.00.

I believe the current sensors tool outputs whatever data is stored in
the SDR, not taking into account the information in the "readable
threshold mask" ... So right now we can't tell if the threshold is
undefined or 0.00.  We're just assuming its undefined when the threshold
is some illogical number that doesn't make any sense.