Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sel --info option

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sel --info option
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:06:52 -0700

,----[ Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> ]
| ab> Ian, Did you add --info option to display contents of IPMI "Get SEL
| ab> Info" command?.
|
| No
`----
--info option is useful. Normal users are not expected to view the hex
output.

,----[ Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> ]
|  that information is prefixed to the hex format output.  Just like
| Intel does it.  I don't like it (it makes machine processing harder)
| but bug-by-bug Intel compatibility was the goal.
`----
I don't like this either, but these hex files are read by system level
experts who actually understand better in hex. Also compatibility to
Intel's format is nice.

May be later on we can implement --raw option too  ;)

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>