Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Feature Request for FreeIPMI SEL program

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Feature Request for FreeIPMI SEL program
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:29:51 -0700

,----[ Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> ]

`----
,----[ Ian Zimmerman <address@hidden> ]
| sel --hex-dump >> /var/log/sel.hex
| if really desired.
`----

--append argument sounds incorrect. Instead think with --no-header
context.

sel --hex-dump --no-header >> /var/log/sel.hex should do the job.
Otherwise upon every boot info header gets inserted into hex log.

On the other hand, with --no-header, there is no header in the hex log
at all. While reporting to the support, user has to separately include
--info output.

I think current implementation is also OK, except that multiple info
headers gets inserted. These hex files are meant for humans only. So
no big deal.

Preparing the release tar ball. Should happen in a hour or two.

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>