[Freeipmi-devel] [bugs #9321] Configuring LAN channel access after BMC r

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] [bugs #9321] Configuring LAN channel access after BMC reset
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 04:07:38 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: FreeIPMI.

[bugs #9321] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Anand Babu <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Thu 09/02/2004 at 08:02 (US/Pacific)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Fixed automatically in the new version.

[bugs #9321] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: FreeIPMI
Submitted by: Anand Babu
On: Sun 06/13/2004 at 21:11

Category:  bmc-config
Severity:  9 - Blocker
Item Group:  Improper Behaviour
Resolution:  Fixed
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  balamurugan

Original Submission:  BMC Configuration fields can be zero or undefined for a
factory new system or after firmware upgrade.

Currently bmc-config is unable to set the configuration fields properly to
enable LAN channel access under this
condition.

This is a serious BUG and has to be addressed even before the new bmc-config
release (next-week).

-- Anand Babu <address@hidden>

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Thu 09/02/2004 at 08:02       By: Anand Babu <ab>
Fixed automatically in the new version.

Date: Sun 06/20/2004 at 06:37       By: Anand Babu <ab>
Bala,
Ur patch fixed the problem, but introduced another big one. Now I am not able
to set OEM-Authentication. I get "Invalid Data" error. Also ISM compatibility
is broken. After fixing the bug, make sure enabling user thru bmc-config
reflects in Intel's SMU and ISM works. I changed Severity: to BLOCKER.

Happy Hacking
--Anand Babu

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9321>