[Freeipmi-devel] Re: running ipmipower

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: running ipmipower
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:46:01 -0700

Hey Bala,

The default in ipmipower is to always use per-msg authentication unless
you tell it otherwise.  So you have to use the -e option to tell it
which nodes not to use per-msg authetnication with.

/usr/sbin/ipmipower -h ptdev3 -e ptdev3 -u foo -p bar --stat

Its been awhile since I programmed this.  I know I debated whether
ipmipower should automatically use per-msg auth or not based on the data
from the Get Authentication Capabilities command.  I can't remember why
I chose the current approach.  Do you think it should do something
otherwise??  Is per-msg-auth disabled by default on some machines??  Or
should I just document it better in the manpage/usage output??